Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Guitar Freaks


I have a customer with over 100 games in 3 locations.

One of his most important games is Guitar Freaks. This game has seen its share of use, and abuse.

I first repaired the wiring harness using tape and zip ties as a temporary fix. I expected it to last maybe 3 months. To my surprise, it lasted over a year. Before I replaced the wiring harness, the harness was all jacked up. Someone had twisted the guitar at least 30 times around itself.

When I called my supplier, I was totally amazed at the retail price of the part,

ALMOST $600!!!


Item #: KON 501090
Price: $568.88
Availability: In Stock

I knew this was ludicrous. I also had to deal with another branch. The local branch had just closed. Luckily I was dealing with a salesperson in Syracuse, NY. The city I was born and raised. He agreed to drop the price to $450. The armored cable will perform for years for my customer.

After I replaced the cable, the guitar looked bare, it was missing decals. I went to Guitar Center to try and get some guitar stickers, but they didn't have any. Everyone was amazed at the "Guitar Hero" guitar. Maybe I can get some online.





No comments:

Post a Comment